Terms of Sale
1) The Reeded Edge unconditionally guarantees all items to be genuine.
2) All coins not graded by third party grading services will adhere to ANA grading standards. All other collectibles will be graded by prevailing standards in their respective hobbies.
3) The Reeded Edge offers a 14 day return privilege for any reason (aside from exceptions listed below). Layaways, bullion and bullion-related items are not returnable.
4) Items that have been altered, modified or removed from their original packaging will be considered sold. There are absolutely NO returns on any item submitted or resubmitted to PCGS, NGC, ANACS, CAC or any other grading service without our prior authorization.
5) Orders are shipped based upon total value and customer preference selected during checkout:
- For domestic orders under $200, USPS First Class shipping is available for $6.00.
- For domestic orders under $200, USPS Priority Mail shipping is available for $9.95.
- For domestic orders over $200 and up to $500, USPS Priority Mail shipping is $11.95.
- For domestic orders over $500 and up to $1000, USPS Priority Mail shipping w/ Signature Confirmation is $16.95.
- For domestic orders over $1000, USPS Priority Mail shipping w/ Signature Confirmation is FREE.
- For international shipments under $100, USPS First Class International Mail is $9.95.
- For international shipments over $100, but under $500 USPS First Class International Mail is $11.95.
- For international shipments $500 and over, USPS First Class International Mail is $16.95.
- Express Mail service is available for all domestic orders regardless of value for an additional $25. Carrier will be either USPS or Fed Ex. ALL domestic packages, regardless of value, are shipped fully insured and with tracking by The Reeded Edge, Inc. Insurance and handling fees are included in the total shipping cost. International customers please inquire, as insurance coverage is not available for all destinations.
6) Certain items that are bulky or weigh more by their nature will incur an additional surcharge. Coin rolls have an additional $0.50/roll shipping surcharge, while Coin Collections/Sets are assessed an additional $1.00/item surcharge.
7) VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER and PAYPAL are accepted for payment. Money orders, certified checks, cashier’s checks, e-checks and personal checks are also accepted. For larger orders, bank wires are accepted. Please call us @ 888-856-COIN, or use our Live Assistance feature to obtain wire information.
8) PLEASE NOTE, FOR BULLION & BULLION RELATED ITEMS: All credit card orders will be verified through our processing bank before shipping any bullion related merchandise. This verification may include, but is not limited to, verifying all of the customer's billing information through the issuing bank and having the bank receive a verbal confirmation from the cardholder verifying the actual charge. We will also verify that the shipping address is a bona fide residence where the customer resides. This process can take up to several days. Please take this into consideration when requesting express shipping with bullion related orders. We apologize about this inconvenience; With credit card fraud on the rise, this measure is designed for our mutual protection.
9) Approvals are possible
for items valued at over $5000.00. Please supply us with 3 trade references
if requesting an approval.
10) Sixty day layaways are available for all purchases over $500.00. 1/3 is due upon inception, with 1/3 due after 30 days and the balance must be paid within 60 days. There is no charge for using our layaway plan. There is a 15% restocking charge of the original purchase price for any unpaid layaway. Our 5 day return privilege does not apply to layaways. Sorry, but we do not offer a layaway on Bullion Items. Please, if you would like to request special terms on a layaway, call our office @ 301-724-0400 to speak with a representative.
11) All checks and some money orders are subject to a hold period, of up to 2 weeks, for clearance purposes.
12) MD residents are subject to 6% sales tax. The exception would be numismatic or bullion orders totalling $1000 or more which are tax exempt.
The Fine Print
The coin market is speculative and unregulated. Many areas of numismatics lend themselves to third party grading and authentication. Such service does not eliminate all risks associated with the grading of coins. Grading is a subjective manner. Opinions to the grade of a coin, certified or uncertified, can differ. Coins graded by the various grading services carry only the guarantees of the particular grading service. Securing performance of any such guarantee is strictly between the purchaser and the particular grading service. Buyer should be aware that grading standards of coins have changed from time to time, and may do so again in the future. NO OTHER REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE IS GIVEN, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
All merchandise remains the property of The Reeded Edge, Inc. until it is paid for in full. It is subject to our order and must be returned to us on demand. The customer who receives the merchandise assumes all risks from hazards until it is both returned and received by The Reeded Edge, Inc, No right or power is given to sell, pledge, hypothecate, regrade, reholder or otherwise dispose of this merchandise until it is paid in full.
If an account is turned over to an attorney and/or collection agency, the purchaser agrees to pay all costs of collection, including attorney’s fees and collection agency fees. The purchaser also consents to any jurisdiction of any court within the County of Allegany, State of Maryland for purposes of any action arising from any transaction with The Reeded Edge, Inc.
The buyer agrees to reimburse the Reeded Edge, Inc. $25.00 for any check returned by the buyer’s bank, and to cover returned check within 48 hours by wire transfer or cashier’s check. Balances not paid in the manner pre-arranged with The Reeded Edge, Inc. will be charged an interest rate of .0004931% per day (18% annualized rate) from the date of the original transaction until payment is received, unless other terms are granted in writing.
By ordering any item(s) from The Reeded Edge, Inc, you are hereby accepting all of the above Terms of Sale.